It took me a month to finish the book as I was trying to savee the moment that I can finally sit down, have a coffee and read. But that moment never came instead I finished the book while having mini breaks at work. And as I closed the book in my lap, I realized you shouldn’t be reading GOT series at work, the emotions you wouldn’t know how to handle. Okay peeps I don’t want start to rant, it just that ugh! It’s just sad. Ooops Spoiler alert!
I was reading some rude comments and reviews about this book saying the plot of the story was predictable. Claiming how it was called YA instead of erotic novel? A lot of sex scenes and so on and so forth rants. But I’m gonna tell you what I think about this book and obviously it’s gonna be contradictory. Empire of storm was really a storm of surprises and sadness and if you intend to go and finish all the books which happened to have an upcoming 8th book, I tell you girl; it’s gonna be devastating when this series is over.
The Actual Rants:
- SO MANY SEX SCENES! Girl I DON’T MIND! I was waiting since Heir of Fire for that scenes but there was NONE! I was looking forward for those, I mean? Hello?! Who wouldn’t want Rowan Whitethorn? This novel was really a storm! Bonus part of Manon and cute little jiffy of Lorcan and Elide (blush). 😉
- ERROTICA and NOT YA Novel: Fine! So what? It’s romance!! 👿
- It’s too long! Girl this is not a pocket book, we need details and this book gave us exactly what we needed. Never shortcut for Maas I guess and Aelin was just an amazing Bi*ch Queen! Exquisitely planned and executed by Aelin Galathynius . 👍
- HOW IS THIS STUPID SERIES NOT OVER YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?: Because it’s NOT OVER YET!!!!!!!!! Ugh so much hate!
- It was so predictable: No it was not! Admit it, ending was sad and remarkably unexpected. I was fascinated by how things are all connected, planned and you would know that the author spent so much time connecting all the pieces in the story. On the other hand there were few confusing moments like those riddles since the beginning, wrydkeys and Elena’s true purpose but over all it was so good.
My favorite character would be Abraxos ♥
I can’t wait to unfold more secrets and exciting vengeance for those betrayals. 🙂